Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

hello!

You are all so kind a patient, thank you!
I've been having the most amazing walks with Kiki in the woods this past week, and can't wait to share the photos with all of you...hopefully tomorrow.
In the meantime, there is a beautiful male chaffinch which has been eating oats and hemp seeds from the feeder and then attacking the window, all afternoon! He is so amazingly hungry, has been eating for hours now. If he's back tomorrow I will try to take a photograph of him for you. Here's an image from google so you know what I'm talking about:



I can't help but wonder if there is a Mrs. Chaffinch, and possibly little babies, which he is bringing some of the oats and seeds to. I hope he is back tomorrow so I can capture this brave, curious little fellow in action.
Life does have it's ups and downs, it's winters and springs. I am really doing my best every day to count my blessings and not allow my mind to sink into those dark places which leave me feeling lost and lethargic. Depression runs in the family, and I am fighting it tooth and nail lately. The sunshine and blossoming trees help, as do, naturally, my husband and my Kiki. It isn't a lie when I say that I'm an optimist, that I look on the bright side of life and appreciate all the little, simple things. But it's also true that I am struggling to stay afloat in joy lately, and I want to be honest with you about that. 
After considering going down the pharmaceutical path for a few days to get me back to my usual 'happy' self, I decided that I don't want to take that step right now. I'm not saying I think it's bad, or wrong, and I am certainly glad that it is helping people. But I want to try and heal through other channels; through what I eat, what I think, how I spend my time, fresh air, and yes, therapy. I already live a very healthy lifestyle, which makes it all the more frustrating when I don't feel healthy and happy because it doesn't seem there is much room for improvement. But I am sure there is a way to heal from the inside out, without medication. 
I am glad to be back here with you, in this supportive community....thanks for all of the kindness and truth you give me.
I leave you with one of my favorite quotes:
"I should not talk so much about myself if there were anybody else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

I'll be back soon! Hopefully tomorrow! :)


xo country girl

18 comments:

  1. sending hugs and lots of understanding love, and warm ocean breezes for good measure!

    lori
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. dawn, you may not have heard of an herb called tulsi (holy basil), it's used in ayurvedic medicine, and it's been said it may help to lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol and help to stabilize mood swings. it can be taken as a tea or in capsule form.
    good luck sweetie, and i am really looking forward to your chaffinch photos!
    love,
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi my sweet friend..glad to hear your feeling a bit better...

    it's WAY BETTER HERE...we have TEDDY ! and we are IN LOVE..he is just a living doll...so sweet...we just can't take our eyes off of him...

    sending love and understanding,
    kary and teddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dawn..it is so good to see you back here on your blog. Love your new bird--what a beautiful creature! (Isn't God amazing? with all his creatures??)

    I do pray that you will be able to come through this time on your own. My brother had some issues with depression and it seemed the change of seasons were a difficult time for him. But I just know with all your love that surrounds you--you will be fine. ((hugs))

    Blessings......

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn!
    I totally agree with you, that before taking medicine you should try to find a way to heal yourself by listening carefully to what your body and your soul tell you. It might not be easy -or it might not work out- but I do believe, that this can be the best way to find your way out of the "dark places"!It´s worth a try! The pharmaceutical way can be an option, but should not be the first choice.
    I know you are a real sunshine!!And I am sure, you´ll find a way out of the depression your suffering of.
    I send you a hug and a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back my darling! Looking forward to some photos of the lovely little chaffinch and seeing spring unfold in Gablitz :)
    Love and hugs to you my sweet
    Morwenna xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to know that you are starting to feel better. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.
    PS Lovely new photo of you in 'About Me' section.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, your new profile photo is so beautiful, and the photo of Mr Chaffinch is pretty adorable, too.

    I understand the challenge of finding a balance between the dark and the light. It sounds like you are doing all the right things to take care of yourself. I hope you have a beautiful weekend. xoxo Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  9. sending many hugs and sweet thoughts. i'm glad you're taking care of you.

    i would love to see that sweet bird - how very lucky to have something so beautiful right there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending you best wishes as always Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a wonderful person, and I just know you'll pull through.... we're all here for you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!!!
    Sunshine is back and shining light into all the dark places...where there might be some forgotten promises, some uncared for desires, some neglected longings of the heart...I get an image of a cellar door opening and going down with a torch, seeing all kinds of creatures that can now be taken care of...I know, sounds like a weird part in a movie.
    Take good care my Sweets. You are sooo precious.
    Talk to you soon.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy to hear from you again, Dawn! I respect and support your thought to help yourself "naturally"... there are many herbs that are helpful for stress, anxiety and depression. Also taking the time for yourself like you have been is very important! Good luck! We all love you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dawn, cannot wait to see your latest pictures. You are an excellent photographer. I wondered how you went about designing your beauty marks. they are amazingly charming. Are you an artist/illustrator as well? t

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! So happy that you are feeling better! Thank you for the photo of the chaffinch. My husband is from England and I remember seeing (and hearing) chaffinches there. Do you know that their song is supposed to sound like this, "YOU NAUGHTY LITTLE BOY, I'M GOING TO BEAT YOU". It might sound mean, but that is JUST what that bird sounds like! Kay Guest

    ReplyDelete
  16. Again dawn- thank you so much for your honesty. I think that by you sharing your story so openly you have probably given other women in similar situations hope and assurance that they are not alone.
    Depression is a nasty thing- I can say that as I suffer from it mildly and it runs in my family too.
    I think you are dealing with it very well, by taking good care of yourself.
    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey sweetie, don't worry, you are not alone...I have been feeling a bit low recently...I hear this time of year can unusually affect people sometimes...I'm sure you are taking the best steps for yourself and you will get through it. Just look in the mirror each day and tell yourself it will pass and you will come out the other end. That is what I do when I get depressed... Big hug to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the quote. Thoreau was sort of amazing. Stashing it away for later use.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails