This is our little son Rafael Manolo's profile, taken at 20 weeks. Even though it's a fuzzy picture, I think he is the most beautiful little boy in the world! I adore his tiny little nose!
After going through quite a few name options, we settled on Rafael Manolo a couple of weeks ago, and have not doubted our decision for a single second since. We usually refer to him as Raffi.
Not only are the names themselves beautiful, they also have beautiful meaning. Rafael means 'God has healed,' which feels very appropriate seeing as how this pregnancy has helped to heal our pain after the loss of our first. Manolo means 'God is here' or 'God is with us.' Such a precious sentiment.
There's a pregnancy questionnaire that I thought I would take part in once in a while, just for fun. Also, it will be nice to have a record of these things in the future!
- How far along?: 23 weeks, 3 days.
- Total weight gain: 17 lbs
- How big is baby?: Approx 1 lb
- Maternity clothes?: Since the 12th week already!
- Stretch marks?: Unfortunately on my breasts; none on the belly, though.
- Sleep?: It's o.k., not great though. I wake up every time I need to change positions, because I have a pillow between my knees.
- Best moment this week?: When Ramon built together Raffi's bouncy chair! It was so nice to watch him put together something for his son.
- Movement?: So much! This little boy is incredibly active. It's the most lovely reminder that he is alive and well.
- Food cravings?: Fruit and milk.
- Labor signs?: Thank goodness NO.
- Belly button in or out?: It's getting flatter every day.
- What I miss: Fitting into my sneakers and having smooth skin on my upper arms; they have little pimples now, which I've read comes from the hormones. Annoying!
- What I'm looking forward to: Reaching the viability mark at 24 weeks.
- Milestone: Ramon finally felt Raffi kick last night!
xoxo country girl