Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Favorite Things These Days

* Staying up after Rafael and Ramon have gone to bed for some 'me' time

* Crawling into bed in the pitch black darkness, hearing them breath, and pulling Rafael to me, breathing in the sweet smell of his baby head

* Visiting the most beautiful corners of the world through people's photographs and discovering my favorites on flikr

* Greek yogurt with nuts and honey

* The sound of my husband's key in the door at the end of the day

* Having a cleaning lady come for two hours every Friday (this is a Godsend)

* Watching kids bundled up in scarves with red noses skating clumsily on the ice rink in the town square, and imagining Raffi doing it when he's older

* Ginger Ale mixed with cranberry juice

* The country farm, foggy hillside, dogs cats horses, and quiet contemplative words of Nadia

* Medicine that is healing me and soothing my pain

* The farmer's market

* Boston napping on the couch like a person with his belly up, his legs splayed, and his head on a pillow

* Cuddling up on the couch with my boys and the dogs to watch the casting show The Voice Of Germany on Thursday and Friday nights, cheering the contestants on and getting goosebumps when they sing

* Rafael's smiles


* Rafael's gibberish conversations with me while I change his diapers

* My husband's roasted chicken

* Seeing houses sparkle in Christmas lights on freezing cold evening walks through town

* Kiki jumping up on the bed while I'm nursing Raffi even though she's not allowed...but letting her stay, because she just looks so happy and peaceful sleeping there, and I know how much she misses it


Wishing you all many favorite things to sweeten your days.

xoxoxo

P.S. I have the most wonderful readers....friends, really. Thank you all so much for the nice things you shared after my last post. I'm healing well and hope that I will be lucky enough to continue breast feeding Rafael for a long time.

18 comments:

  1. So many things to make a lovely lady smile! You even make changing diapers a positive experience! Happy to see you are surrounded by so much love and holiday spirit!!

    I hope you'll check out my blog, plus a link up called Wish! {out loud} that I hope you'll participate in!

    http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dawn,
    Rafael is such a cute little boy and I really liked reading your favorite things.
    Happy to hear that you are healing well. My breast feeding experiences were also very difficult and painful and I can feel with you.

    All the best and a wonderful Advent time to you and your little family :).

    Hugs, Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely list you have! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't yet read your post below but will do - sounds like lots of wonderful things going on in your life Dawn - you are blessed! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many sweet favorite things! Especially the sweet little bebe:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful list and kind words about my world it is yours that is enchanting. visiting your blog is like a walk on the most perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that you are feeling better. Love your list and the pictures of Raffi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ginger ale and cranberry juice! The hospital where I delivered my first daughter gave me that and called it their standard "Post-Natal Cocktail". It was fabulous!

    When I delivered my second daughter in a different state and they asked me what I'd like to drink, that's what I asked for. Their response? "Um, yeah, we have water or orange juice." I checked out within hours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweetie pie!!

    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy, that is crazy, my body must know what it needs, because I had no idea that it was something good for women after birth! Drink it about three times a day. Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dawn...what beautiful things you wrote!ooh
    your baby is wonderful.your optimism and your simplicity makes it beautiful..You're a mom very sweet and special!deserve all the best.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your favorits Dawn and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your list and I absolutely love your honesty....maybe THIS should be your next book!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh yes...anonymous is me Joann in CO...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails