Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

'Twas Two Nights Before Christmas...








I shot these while Rafael was napping. It was very quiet, with the twinkling lights of the christmas tree, the warm glow of the candles, and the clove and citrus scent of pomanders. This year I wasn't able to decorate all at once like I usually do, because as a mother, you must steal moments to get anything done that doesn't have to do with the baby. But this made the fun last longer, and I really enjoyed putting little pieces here and there over the days.

Today we bounced around town, getting our major grocery shopping done, and I loved seeing people I know (or didn't know) and greeting them with a smile and a hearty 'Frohe Weihnachten!' Everyone is so busy in the days leading up to Christmas, and I noticed very strongly that some people love the holidays, while others become a bitter, annoyed, and frustrated mess (this was very apparent in line for cheese and milk at the farmer's market). Thank goodness, my husband and I belong to the people who really enjoy the holidays.

My husband brought the Canon 5D camera from his workplace and invited me to take photos with it over the holidays. I am so in love with this camera. As much as you can be in love with something inanimate. I didn't do a single thing to these pictures in photoshop, and these were taken in the evening, in our home, with very little light. I am so impressed! We can't afford to buy one for ourselves at this point, but I am so happy that I have access to this awesome piece of equipment once in a while.

I know you are all busy in your own homes with preparations and festivities...Thank you for dropping by to visit mine, I am always so happy when you do!

I'll be back with more holiday cheer soon...

xoxo country girl

14 comments:

  1. What sweet Christmas decorations and I love the photos of your pups. This post makes my heart smile.

    Enjoy Raphael's first Christmas.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous picture of Kiki, I don't think you need a fancy camera, your pictures are always wonderful. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas.

    Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are gorgeous! I just love the pics of your pups. We just got a new baby cavalier last week! So far we're still trying to get the boys to bond, my older dog is a bit of an old man ;)

    The camera is outstanding, and i love what you captured with it! a merry christmas to you all! Happy first christmas with baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful are your photos. Love them. I have a king charles too. Love your dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Dawn,
    What beautiful images! Your house looks so cozy and warm, I can feel it all the way out here. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Big hugs,
    xoxxoTrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what stunning photos!
    Have a magical first Christmas with your beautiful little blessing Dawn. I'm thinking of you all as you set out to have your first family Christmas, how special and important. With love, Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have an absolutely magical Christmas Dawn! It must be so, so special for you this year having your beautiful little boy to share it with. Your photos are fantastic - I wish we had one of those cameras at work!
    Every good wish for 2012!
    Dan
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas!!! Wonderful photos I agree! Hope you and your little family have a cosy, festive holiday! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful first Christmas with your new baby! Your photos are beautiful. I especially like the close-up of your sweet dog. Merry Christmas!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas and bright blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a blessed Christmas have fun enjoy the company of your family , and your new baby . We are not going to have snow here for Christmas still no snow .

    Lots of great things for u

    Mary chicago IL

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a magical atmosphere Dawn!Your photos are wonderful and you are always very sweet in telling what happens to you.Many wishes for Merry Christmas to all your wonderful family!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails