Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009



"Thankful I was for the enduring things, and that I, such a small and finite creature, have been allowed to recognize the beauty of the world in my small finite way." -Gladys Taber

The Christmas Tree is gone and the new year lies before us, a mystery, full of possibility. Something I heard years ago made a big impression on me: In our hands, a basketball is nothing special; give it to Michael Jordan and it becomes something magnificent. Through his hands, it realizes its full potential. And in this same way, we should put our lives into God's hands. This has been a lasting image in my mind, placing my life in God's hands like a ball, because I know that there, it is given infinit possibilities and doors are opened which I may not have dared to dream of. Everyone knows the saying that, if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. It's so true; God's plan for me has proven so much better, so much more fulfilling, and simpler than any plan I've pictured for myself in the past.

2 comments:

  1. This was awesome. I missed this one a while back, and I'm glad the blog recommended it to me! xo Molly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails