Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Photo to Painting: Wild Strawberry




I have so many things to blog about that it's overwhelming and I don't know where to start. But I sat down to paint this little wild strawberry which I found in the field, because I am trying to paint every day, and I thought I would share it with you. It's not the best painting I've ever made, but I mainly wanted to give an example of how I work: painting from photographs, mostly my own. I am amazed by painters who paint from memory or imagination!


I am sitting here with red glowing hot shoulders....I was out picking wild herbs in the strong noon sun. I found so many wonderful things (wild mint, thyme, and oregano) that I stayed out in the blaze a bit too long. The herbs are now sorted and drying...I'll be sharing the photos with you soon.


Hope you are having a lovely day!


xoxo country girl

12 comments:

  1. Your painting is precious! I love it!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you paint. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a gift. love it! :) jaclyn ><>

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful thing to do something you love doing every day

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a delightful painting of a strawberry; you have captured it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done, my girl! don't stop painting every day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could never paint without a reference picture or model. You've done a really great job of interpreting the photo. You have a wonderful painting style that's all your own and you do lovely things with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely painting....but I must admit I was thinking more about eating that strawberry...he he he....I just love strawberries and ones picked fresh rather than store bought are so much yummier! You must pick some more and take a photo of a handful of them for me...then I can just imagine how delicious they would be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your painting is wonderful...you are so gifted!

    Get something on that sunburn...

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you chose the prettiest pink/red colour in the whole world for your strawberry! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's completly lovely, you are a gifted artist, I love your work.
    xo lori

    ReplyDelete
  12. you paint beautifully Dawn.

    I may have to take a trip to see you, I need to spend time with nature andmaybe find a bit of myself. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails