Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Setting Up (etsy) Shop!





Yes, Kiki La Ru will be open for business soon!

I am still working on product photos. So many details involved with setting up an etsy shop, I'm tellin' you! It's alot of work and alot of fun. I can't wait for you all to see it (and hopefully love it).

One of the hardest things when selling something handmade is to name a price. You want your hard work and hours of bending over with a needle and thread to be rewarded, but you don't want to make things so expensive that no one buys them. I think I have finally found prices for my items that I feel comfortable with. My handmade items are unique, precious one-of-a-kinds, and will make some Special Someones out there very happy.

The sun is shining here and I am full to overflowing with creativity. The days don't have enough hours for all the things I want to make and do. It is my great hope that, whether I am painting pictures for my book, or sewing cake bunting and little letters for my shop, the joy I experienced while creating will be spread far and wide, all over the globe, when I am able to share these things with the world.

xoxo country girl

20 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your new shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh -- sooo excited for you & so happy your creativity and joy has found you and overtaken you for a few days!! :) You will be a success...I just know it!!! ><>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors,cards,buntings,EVERYTHING! Going to be a really nice shop. Can see love that went into each darling piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~your JOY will be spread!! congrats on being motivated and inspired...so many want but do not folow through...may your path that you are walking be filled prosperous moments always...enjoy the adventure...wishing only greatness to come!! warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I've been looking around on etsy lately thanks in part to your posts! I'm pretty much an anti-consumer but need a new purse (the old one will become my new clothespin bag). I can see myself shopping for gifts there in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure the items and shop will be amazing! If you're blog is anything to go by! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't wait to see it. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new venture! I'm looking forward to your grand opening...I love to buy anything homemade...where someone put their time, love and creativity into each item.
    Keep enjoying what you're doing!
    Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your products look adorable so far! Can't wait to see everything completed! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really looking forward to having a browse in your etsy shop!
    Dan
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  12. how exciting! i'm looking forward to browsing your shop!! good luck with that and the pricing thing...i see how it could be difficult to put a price on something you worked on :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dawn...how exciting..I just can't hardly wait! I know everything you make will be unique and beautiful. Best of luck...keep moving forward in the sunshine!

    Blessings.......
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're going to be so good at this, Dawn! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy for you! You are so creative...I am sure you will do great! Good luck with your new business sweetie! I'm excited to see all your creations!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay...for bunting (still dunno what that is:)and all the sweet things you create to spread Joy through the world Sunshine.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hip hip hooray! Everything is adorable and I cannot wait to get my paws on them!
    I am so proud of you my darling
    Lots of love
    Morwenna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just visited your shop.. how lovely! Congratulations on your new venture.. looks like there is a lot of luck in your future! So happy to now be a 'friend'. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh well done! Going to pop over and have a look now!x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails