Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rafael is 5 Months Old!



I have learned a few things about Rafael this past month: he only gets really upset when he is tired; undressing him when he is fussy works like a charm to get him in a good mood again; humming 'twinkle twinkle little star' helps put him to sleep; sometimes he needs to cry before falling asleep, I'm guessing to release pent up energy, and I just need to lay there with him patiently and be there for him...he calms down at some point and falls asleep afterwards; he needs short cat naps throughout the day to stay cheerful; he is getting tired of the baby gym, his crib, and his baby bouncer. It's time for a new stage of toys, and maybe his high chair.

Raffi has eaten: carrot, apple, sweet potato, potato, and parsnips. 
He has tasted: cream, butter, coconut oil, coconut milk, water, egg yolk, and yogurt.
When I am holding him while I drinking a glass of water, he always insists on pulling the glass to his mouth and taking a little sip.

My favorite time of the day with him is the early early morning, around 5 or 6, when he wakes up. We go to his little room, turn on a dim light, listen to Jack Johnson or Jonathan Richman, and slowly, while we cuddle and play, the sun comes up outside. It feels like that hour of early morning belongs to us alone. It feels so special. 

I am enjoying the new freedom of being able to get around with him in his stroller instead of only in the Baby Björn. We take more walks and I am looking forward to being able to start jogging again in Spring. 

I am so happy to say that being a mother is even more wonderful than I ever dreamed. 

xoxoxo

9 comments:

  1. Sweet! Nice to see photos of him with his daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so cute! I've already added you to my reader!


    gilead in bloom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I can't say this enough, but he is just so adorable!!! What a happy baby you have, he is always smiling that beautiful smile. You and your husband seem to be enjoying being parents. Happy 5 months little man, you look just like your mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 5 months little Raffi! Oh Dawn...he is just so adorable, with his sweet little smile!
    I'm not sure why I thought of this...but are you familiar with the dinner at eight blog posts? I thought you might be interested as it can be hard to get out on dates when we have little ones.

    http://rebekahgough.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy five months anniversary! The photos of Raffael and Ramon are simply poetry!
    Carlaxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to believe it's been 5 months already. He's a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The third picture looks like Raffi is hugging his Daddy's head. Oh, how sweet!!

    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elise: he is! He loves to hug our heads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so adorable, Dawn. Just precious! The three of you (the doggies make five) are very lucky!

    Elise

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails