My sweet friend Katrina at Kat's Cradle generously gave me the 'Kreativ Blogger' award. When you receive this award, you must share 7 things which your readers do not yet know about you, and then pass the award on to 7 other bloggers.
Well, alot of you know alot about me...but there's always more. So, here are some parts of me, and my life, that you probably didn't know:
1. If I have plans to go somewhere or see someone, but on that day don't feel like leaving the house or seeing anyone, I'll stay home. I used to go places and see people even when I felt poorly or would have rather been alone, but at some point I learned to listen to my inner voice, especially when it came to parties or events. I just feel that life is too short to constantly feel obligated, or be somewhere you don't want to be. Now I only go places and see people when I really want to. And my friends have come to understand this. On the other hand, when someone is sick or heartbroken, I am always there.
2. I used to be a professional singer/songwriter. The songwriting part was great, but being a singer was hard on me; the pressure I put on myself to look a certain way eventually drove me to anorexia athletica . I also took diet pills for 9 years and didn't touch white rice, pasta, bread, or sugar for almost 2 years. I liked what I saw in the mirror but my life revolved around how I looked, and that wasn't the person I wanted to be. The minute I decided to give up professional singing, it felt as though a huge weight had been dropped from my shoulders. I weigh 30 pounds more now, and although I don't look as good in a bathing suit anymore...I'm much happier. Now I eat what I love and move when it feels good. One day I'll have to share old photos of that time with all of you! Pretty funny to look back....
3. The first movie I remember seeing was Never Ending Story; the first book I read that made me love reading was Hounds of the Morrigan; and the first album I ever bought was Aretha Franklin.
4. I dream of being a mother, and have an intense longing to meet my children. We lost our first baby in November, and are both too shaken up to start trying again. I don't know how long it will take until we feel ready. It was one of the hardest things I have ever gone through.
5. I have had many jobs and started working when I was 16, but being around people all day is very difficult for me. Every job I have had ended because I eventually got depressed and couldn't stand the thought of seeing people and talking to people all day. The moment my husband told me I could quit my job and stay home was one of the happiest of my life. I finally have time for all the things I love to do and have all day to be by myself before he comes home. I don't know why I am so lucky. I hope I never have to work again.
6. There have been a few incidences where my psychic abilities have frightened or surprised me. It's not something I can force. It just happens sometimes. I like to think of it as heightened intuition.
7. If someone were to ask my who I think the sexiest man alive is, besides my husband, I would have to say the president of the United States. He is, in my opinion, the perfect man. Intelligent, handsome, compassionate, well-spoken, well-dressed, amazing smile, great sense of humor....the list goes on. So I guess I have to admit to a celebrity crush!
And now to pass the torch!
I'd like to give this Kreativ Blogger award to:
Kary at My Farmhouse Kitchen
Morwenna at Bluebells & Butterflies
Blaire at B-Mused
Abbie at Farmer's Daughter
Ashley Maureen at the chic line
Courtney at Scattering Lupines
Heather at A Day in the Country
Thank you, Katrina!
I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me.