Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

oh, you sweet little things!

 

  

  

  

  

My friend Morwenna knew just what to give me for my birthday to make me oh-so-happy! I've been an admirer of emersonmade for quite some time now, but never got around to ordering any of her handmade linen flowers. Mostly because I didn't know what to choose! And there, in little boxes labeled simply with an 'E.', were little linen blossoms, all different colors, all so adorable! 
You can do so many things with these adorable flower pins. I've been wearing them on my cardigans, in spring they will adorn my blouses, and in between they look just gorgeous around the house. 
I've featured emersonmade here here and here. She has an amazing blog where she shows all sorts of ideas for using her blossoms, and where you can see her enviable house and property. She is humorous, creative, and beautiful. 
I want to thank Morwenna for her generosity and frienship. Every time I see or wear these, I think of you sweetie! xoxo
Thank you all for your prayers and well-wishes for my little Kiki. She is sleeping alot (and trying with all her might to avoid her medicine). We enjoyed the blue sky this morning, but only shortly as Kiki shouldn't be out moving or in the cold too much. It's amazing weather today, and I took some gorgeous photos that I'll share with you soon. 
My husband had to work today, so I'm heading to the media room with a big fluffly blanket where I'll cuddle up with Kiki to watch Cranford.


Enjoy your Sunday, sweet friends!

xo country girl

21 comments:

  1. Hi, saw your name come up in my e-mail this morning and it gave me pause. 'Who is this mysterious other country girl', I wondered. Well, nice to meet you. Your photos are lovely and I enjoy what you've done with this beautiful blog. Thanks for stopping by mine today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these little flowers are so beautiful! What a lovely gift for your birthday... Even the packaging is artful! Wishing you a wonderful Sunday!! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful gifts! I hope your birthday was as beautiful as you are.

    Have a super super Sunday (and Kiki too!)

    With love,

    Agatha x

    thehouseonbloghill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. they're so sweet, I also love those little angels. I hoe Kiki is well today, the sunshine will radiate goodness to her. Stay well and warm. Love Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh darling Dawn you are more than welcome :) I am just so thrilled that you love them as much as I hoped you would do
    Lots of love and a big cuddle to Kiki xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are absolutely adorable... will be checking out her blog!

    Sending many ♥ to Kiki!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear Kiki is getting better! We've been searching for a vet for little Todd here in Santa Monica. I was inspired by your mention of giving Kiki homeopathics a while back to search for a good doctor who combines east/west. And one that we could afford! Well, I think I have found her. It came from talking to a nice dog owner at a state park. So glad to have the support. And so glad you have that in Austria too! xo Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Dawn! What a wonderful surprise those little flowers must of been, I love emmerson made! I want one of her big poppies!!! Those little flowers are wonderful, hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have the neatest write up's and photos. I am so glad to hear that Kiki is continuing to get better as each day goes by. You know you are both in my prayers. Enjoy Cranford--what a wonderful movie!!
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  10. a beautiful gift - hope you're having a beautiful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely linen flowers...some people are so creative.

    More feel betters to KiKi.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh dawn you just knew this post would make my heart smile! they are such lovely little blossoms...pretty as can be! i also love your framed photo of sweet kiki...thinking of you all with a warm heart!
    hugs & love my friend
    xo
    k

    ReplyDelete
  13. A sweet blog a friend shares with me http://evascountry.blogspot.com/ and a site you may already know..... it reminded me of your whoolly angels as she makes cloth dolls is toldasworld.com

    Happy Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh lucky you, how pretty! And I love the box they came in too, Birthday wishes to you x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just adore emersonmade. What a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! I just LOVE Emersonmade and your pictures make me swoon. I think I need to break down and order some for myself! What a wonderful gift. XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday sweetie! Missed some entries again so will read back - hope Kiki is okay and what wonderful gifts! You are very lucky! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh you so deserve the love. look at that picture of kiki and all the love you have here.
    i am hoping you had the warmest of birthdays.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday dear one. Wishing you all the best.

    one love.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your photographs are always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've just discovered you. Beautiful new blog to adore.
    Your photography is dreamy!

    ~smile~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails