Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

Step Into My Garden...





"Give me odorous at sunrise a garden of beautiful flowers where I can walk undisturbed."
-Walt Whitman

I am so pleased with my garden! I have mostly left it alone, and it is doing wonderfully well. Sure, there are lots of weeds and grasses, but they don't bother me. In fact, I think they add a fullness of green, and help to sop up all the rain we've been having. 
The sunflowers recently opened and are absolutely beautiful. I will definitely be sowing these next year again. The great thing is that, because they are from organic seed, I can gather, dry, and save them for next spring. 
I loved seeing these tiny bees, delighting in the dusty pollen of a pink poppy. It's a wonderful feeling to know that the flowers I planted are feeding these hard workers.
And look, the beginning of a pumpkin! So round, plump and golden, covered in rain drops. My favorite plant of all. 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting us into your garden! I love flowers and this year I didn't plant many- I had neither the time nor the right mood (I'll have to explain that at some point). So now when I see pictures of flowers I get from delighted to sentimental(!) depending on the moment.
    I have to say Dawn, we're missing you at Jamie's but throught this blog and some of the others you follow and they follow and so on my life has become brighter.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah weeds are plants too! I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love the pictures. So refreshing. I feel like a just spashed around in the wonderful smell of raw earth and in all the colors of fresh vegetation! And, yes, I do LOVE my Boykin Spaniel. Yours is BEAUTIFUL! Aren't spaniels just so full of the BEST personalities and wits of any dogs you've ever known?!?!? Looking forward to more of your posts....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so lovely to come home, open my blog, and be greeted by all of your comments! Please know that they are SO appreciated. It amazes me how these blogs connect women all around the world.
    Yiota, I am still posting once in a while on Jamie's, but you see, I began a diet, and am trying to limit my time on there because of all the temptations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow...all those flowers remind me of my child hood moments of total bliss, looking into a flower and seeing the spirit, the face , the actual being inside the flower...I'm so moved by your kindness and appreciation of the same things that make my heart grow fond.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails